There are two types of customer service: Good and BAD - You want to be in
the first category...
"I'll never go there again, not only
they don't know what they are doing, they were rude!"
Ever hear that when someone has had a bad experience with a company?
The 5 Steps to high quality and cheap
DIY Computer Repairs
Get It Today...
Of course you have! We all have had a bad experience at one time or another.
Now you have become the
service provider. Some instructors of "Customer Service"
programs will tell you "The customer is always right!" or "Grin and bear it!"
well maybe but if you use common sense, be courteous, and are right then you
have nothing to worry about.
"The customer is always right" is not true.
- There are times when the customer is ill informed or ignorant of the technological process.
- There are other times when a customer is trying to get as much as they can for their money and don't care what you can or can not do, if you don't do it then you are at fault not them.
- There are customers that just don't like technicians because of a bad experience in the past and will give you a hard time regardless of how nice you are.
So what is a tech to do?
You do not have to "Grin and bear it!"
A few things that will help you with the "Customer-Service"
- Be nice
- Be knowledgeable
- Be firm when dealing with the free loaders
- Be fair in your dealings, take a small loss for the greater gain but don't give away the store.
- When asked for a refund be reasonable, do refund labor, do not refund parts unless you get it back in excellent shape.
- Don't take abuse, walk away or get someone else to take care of the customer.
- Never 'snow' or lie to a customer, if you don't know say so, if you
messed it apologize and fix it (with out charge!)
Never let theft go unpunished!
There are more things you can do with an abusive or customer that is trying to rip you off.